Monday, November 5, 2012

getting dollies and baubles ready for the holly-daze....


as you all know, i've been busy as a little bee the last month. trying to catch up and restock all the wonderful shoppes and galleries that carry my work.

i've really been enjoying working on these little wall hanging dolls...




***the 4 dolls above are available at The Green Eyed Gator here in New Orleans***

this is pretty much the direction my work is going in these days...but, i have had to find a better sculpting medium than the paper clay. it just will not dry over these hand built armatures AND it is cracking like it's nobody's business!! i normally don't have to fill in many cracks on the shelf sitters, but these guys...they have been driving me crazy!! i feel like i've spend the last 2 weeks waiting for stuff to dry and filling in cracks and filling in more cracks. on the recommendation of cassandra at doubleparlour, i am trying magic sculpt. it is a fast drying, very hard resin and i am looking forward to giving it a test run this week. i will still use paper clay for my shelf sitters and ornaments, but for these wall pieces, i need something that dries faster with no cracking....so wish me luck!!

i've also been getting some jewelry together for the 2 shoppes here in new orleans that carry my jewelry designs....






these are all vintage glass cabochons which i have encased in bead embroidery.
i don't make much jewelry any more...sculpting is my primary passion these days, but every once in a while, it's fun to just sit at my bench and zone out sewing and wrapping beads.
i will also have some pieces available through my facebook fan page and if you live in new orleans, i am going to have trunk show sometime between thanksgiving and christmas.

well, i guess that's all i have to share with you this morning.
i just wish i could turn out more work faster.  i feel like i never get enough done...

i hope everyone is having a great start to their week!!

until next time,

♥amber♥

5 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

Love the hanging dolls & your jewelry is to die for!! xo Michele

yoborobo said...

I love that DOTD girl! Well, actually, I love all of them. :) You have been a busy girl. From where I sit, it looks like you are being amazingly productive! Me? I have 2 half-sewn gnomes staring hopefully at me, and house guests coming. Ack. :) Have a great week - xox

Kalaya Steede said...

Good luck friend! Hope the new stuff works!!!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

I can't wait to see how the magic sculpt works out! I hope it fixes the problems you're having with the paper clay. ^-^

Your dolls & jewels are lovely as ever! =D

Now to go poke your FB page... ^-^

XOXO

Amber Leilani Middleton said...

thank you so much everybody!! pam, i never feel like i get enough done...you should see the amount of work miss michele here turns out!!
i tried a pea sized amount of the magic sculpt last night and although it was a bit sticky, i liked the consistency alot...i'll lay some down probably tomorrow and give everyone a report!!!