Sunday, October 14, 2012

look ma! hAnds....

things have been moving at the speed of light around here the last few days...
as opposed to the speed of smell they had been moving at...
i've finally gotten some energy, some inspiration, and the pain has subsided enough for me to get back to my daily activities. 
i've been working on dolls, dolls, dolls all week long!!

here are a few shots of some new work in progress pieces. 
i'm so excited about these, i cannot tell you!!!
these are for an upcoming show....

"all sewn up"

you can see the clay is still wet....

look ma! hAnds!! this was my first real attempt at making arms and hands. 
i think they turned out pretty well. it's weird seeing arms on my pieces, but something
i've been planning and wanting to do for a while. i think i'm addicted to making them now....

"self portrait with bunny ears"

i guess all my pieces from now on will have scars....my poor little ear still hurts.
i wonder if it will ever stop hurting?

so, that's what's going on here.
i guess i better get back to work! ha !

until next time,

♥amber♥

6 comments:

yoborobo said...

Hi Amber! Look at those arms and hands! I love them, and can't wait to see how you finish them. Hope your poor ear feels better soon -have a great week! xox

Kalaya Steede said...

I too cannot wait to see the final product. So fun! Love the ears!!! XO ♥♥♥

LuLu said...

Oh I love! I'm a big fan of two heads too!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Squee! I love those hands!

And the bunny ears... ^-^

Seriously though, those hands & arms are snazzy! They're looking good. ^-^

I hope your ear gets to feeling better soon! What a rotten place to have pain... >_<

XOXO

Laura said...

I love your dolls - they are absolutely inspiring, just like you! So sorry you are having to deal with this awful pain while healing...Here's hoping you will be feeling better soon!

Amber Leilani Middleton said...

thank you so much everybody!! i am sorry i haven't responded sooner...things have been crazy!! you are all so wonderful!!