Sunday, September 23, 2012

finally finished and on their way...

i've been working on these day of the dead pieces for the annual day of the dead show at mariposa for weeks! 
needless to say, once the diagnosis came in about my ear tumor and i found out what my surgery was going to entail, i pretty much lost most of my focus, art wise.

these ladies have just taken forever for me to finish and ship. 
but, i did it!!
they will be whisking their way to new mexico while i am having my ear operated on on monday....







i was very pleased with how they all turned out. 

i also got some news on friday that has made me very happy and given me something positive to focus on while i get ready for surgery and go through, what i hope, is a short recovery.
i can't tell you all what it is just yet, but i basically have to roll off the operating table and start sculpting! 
ha ha!!

i hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and i hope to talk to you all later next week!!!

xoxox

♥amber♥

5 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

They are fantastic! I know they are going to get snatched up! Hope you are having a great weekend and not worrying to much about monday!

Amber Leilani Middleton said...

thanks, michele!! i'm trying not worry, but you know i am....

yoborobo said...

Amber, I'll be sending all good thoughts to you tomorrow. Your new pieces are wonderful! Can't wait to hear the news. :) xo

Amber Leilani Middleton said...

thank you so much, pam!!! it may be a while before i can say anything...but i will as soon as i'm able!!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

I've been outta touch for waaaaaay too long it seems. I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow (and today too... ^_~)
Wishing I could give you a great big hug before you go in, in person, but a huge hug over the internet will have to do. ^-^

Sending you positive thoughts and wishes for a super speedy recovery! You will do great, I know. ^-^

As for those lovely dolls of yours... Oh my goodness. They are amazing! It has been such a wonderful pleasure for me to watch over the past two years that we've been bloggy friends how your style with your dolls has changed, developed, grown... It is a beautiful thing! =D

Your art still inspires me and makes me feel like smiling. The Pixie Sticks you sent me all that long while ago still sit in a bottle on my kitchen window sill, so I can see them and smile at least a dozen times a day. ^-^

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, and I am hoping you recover quickly! You're in my thoughts, as is your sweety & kitties.

XOXO