Friday, April 27, 2012

oh, this post has no good title....



well, thank Grimm it's friday, is all i can say!
ha ha!
i have today off and am planning on hitting the studio in the next hour or so...but my sinuses are KILLING me this morning and i really just want to go back to bed.
alas, i cannot....

yesterday was kind of a blah day too. i was just miserable at work. wasn't feeling friendly. was, in fact, feeling very sad about the fact that i WAS at work and not in the studio. i have problems with that sometimes....i feel like i've wasted my life working for other people and that my life is half over and i have nothing to show for it. i know that is not REALLY true ( or at least my mister says it is not), but i do feel that way a lot lately, and i'm trying pretty hard to work through it.

one good thing that made me happy yesterday was dropping off a gift to some friends:


i made this little daisy deer girl for the lovely ladies over at RAGING' DAISY here in new orleans. when i started this piece, she told me, without doubt that she was to go to them! and they loved her, so that was a happy part of my day!!

well, i guess i better get moving this morning....slowly....but surely....

do you ever feel like you're wasting time? like you aren't living up to your dreams or goals?
if you work part/full time AND make art to sell.... how do you juggle the tasks?

i hope everyone has a great weekend!

♥amber♥

4 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

Oh no not me, I wouldn't be on the internet wasting time, instead of working on a new piece. No way, not me. LOL Of course I am! I have the day off too-WOO HOO! Love love your new piece you dropped off!! She's wonderful!! Now we had both get our butts in the studio and do something, before we are back in Soul Sucker land! xo

Amber Leilani Middleton said...

heh heh heh, michele! thanks for getting me motivated! i had to run some errands this morning and my sinuses are killing me, but i'm going to be in the studio in about a half hour. gotta make me a sammich first....keep up my strength!

Kalaya Steede said...

We were there yesterday to! I was showing off your pieces to my friend. He said they were pretty cool!

Rachel said...

Yes I often feel the same way. Working full time means I never have as much time as I need to get all the other stuff that I really want to be doing done. It's incredibly frustrating!

I'm not at the point in my art/crafting where I can start selling it yet, but I'd love to be able to one day. If I ever find the time! ;-)