Sunday, January 22, 2012

please allow me to {re}introduce myself...

hello and welcome {back} to my little blog:
meandering along the midway!!


i would like to welcome all of you who came over from Yellow Flower. I have loved getting to know all of you and i have missed you these last few months.
i know it's been a very long time since i've stopped in and probably even longer since i checked in with you all at your own blogs.
the end of 2011 was a little busy and a little odd...


so, i am hoping and planning to reconnect with many of you that i have lost touch with these last few months.

for those of you who are new here, i'm amber {hi!} and i am a doll and mixed media artist living in new orleans.
my last blog, Yellow Flower started out as a way for me to deal with the shit job i had at the time, morphed into a jewelry blog ( what i was doing at the time. what i had been doing for over 10 years) and then again, morphed into my mixed media and doll blog after i discovered the wonder that is paper clay! late last year i made the decision to move Yellow Flower to this blog ( i thought it would make it easier for folks to find me),--- and i must admit, things did not go as planned! 
again, for those of you who have made the move with me....thank you and welcome back!! 
me love you long time.

so, now i have a new blog {with all the old posts--in case you want to catch up!} and a new year, and a bunch of new stuff on the horizon!
so, for starters, i will catch you up on what's been going on with me....

first of all, at the end of november i developed a seriously annoying sinus infection and ear issue. my doctor prescribed prednisone and antibiotics for it, and like a fool, i took them! i had MAJOR reaction to the prednisone - my blood pressure shot up to 160 over 90, my face broke out, i was dizzy and lightheaded, & my blood sugar crashed. i had these symptoms for 15 days after i stopped taking the pills, and although my blood pressure went back to normal (it took 20 days to do so), my face is still broken out. 

so, my holidays were not as pleasant as i had hoped.
although i am still having some side effects off and on, i think i am on the mend. 
i HOPE i am on the mend!


even with all this going on (i could barely get out of bed and had to hold on to the wall to walk in the house) i did manage to make and sell a butt load of these little day of the dead ornaments:


and i will be offering more of them in my EtSy shoppe very shortly.

since the first of the year, i've been having a blast working on these little paintings:





they are also available in my EtSy shoppe (and are veeery affordable, i might add).

and of course, i'm still working on my circus sideshow dolls:



this is "the illusionist". she was inspired by the novel THE NIGHT CIRCUS. looooved that book!

i also joined SpookyTime Jingles at the end of last year and there i am offering a sweetly spooky blend of halloween and circus dolls and ornaments on their site:




i have a lot of things i want to share with you in the upcoming year....
i'd like to start a monthly giveaway of a little goody bag of some of my work; share some of my growing art doll and plush collection as well as some other interesting finds i've been lucky enough to get my grubby little paws on; feature some of my favorite artists and crafters and what makes them tick; and of course, continue to try and convince everyone that my two cats, patches and cash are the cutest kittehs evah!



but, all in good time.
i'm also trying to stop and smell the roses a little more.
i really do work too much!

so, i hope you will {re}join me on my little artistic meanderings.....

until next time,

♥amber♥

7 comments:

rachelsmith133 said...

Hi

It's good to have you back. I started to read your blog just before you transferred it and then moved along with you to this new one. :-)

Really looking forward to seeing some more of your work, I love your new Circus doll. It's actually reminded me that I need to get the Night Circus, have read so many great things about it.

Oh and I'm always happy to look at cute cat pictures. :-)

Kalaya Steede said...

Oh how I've missed you! Welcome back to the world of bloggers. XO

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

So great to read your posting! Sounds like 2012 is going to be jam packed with good stuff!!!Can't wait to follow along on your blog! Yes, your new works are awesome!! and your kitties are pretty stinkin cute!!
Cheers!

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

You are sooooo talented :-)

Amber Leilani said...

thanks, ladies! glad to have you all here!

Anonymous said...

hi amber
i live at Portugal and i follow your blog. glad you'r back!

i must say: i love your art dolls. really. thanks for your newsletter.

one day i would like to have one. i'll choose one and i'll buy it to you. maybe this year.

do you have facebook? in Portugal everyone has one and it is an easy way to promote websites and this kind of work you do.

good work!
isa


p.s. sorry about my english.

Amber Leilani Middleton said...

thanks, isa! i appreciate your lovely words!