Monday, January 23, 2012

oscar wilde and a work table...

monday! monday!
back to the day job daily grind!
i had the EnTirE WeeKeNd off and it was aaaamazing.
except for that laundry part. that was not fun. but clean sheets are always so lovely in the end!

here's a shot of a few noggins i got started yesterday....


i always start with the head. face first, that's my motto!! then hair and whatever else (except hats. hats get sculpted separately then attached last). then i build the body and attach the neck and head. it's probably bass-ackwards, but that's how i roll!

i keep {at the present time} 2 sketchbooks/journals with inspiration and sketches close at hand. one i just finished and one i just started.
i spent the weekend pouring over them, looking for inspiration or ideas i haven't tried yet...




there always seems to be an oscar wilde quote nearby, as well.
i love oscar wilde. did i show you this pic of oscar and i from dublin when we were there this summer?


i know. northface! really? but, man, it was cold!

so, yes, i have to go to my day job today. i wish i wish i dream i wish i could be in the studio today. alas, the bills must be paid!
but, i'm taking my sketchbook. tee hee!

until next time,

♥amber♥

3 comments:

Knickertwist said...

I love hearing how other artists work. I always think I work backwards too. When people ask questions about how I work I tell them I am the absolute worst example of how things 'should' be done. The heads look fab! Can't wait to see them completed :)

Amber Leilani said...

yeah, me too! when i was doing beadwork, i would get asked all the time to teach people how to bead...i know for a fact i never did it the "right" way...i always figured as long as i got the result i wanted, how i got there didn't matter!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Yay, HEADS!!! =D

I loved hearing how you make your sculptures. ^-^

I think we ALL work ass backward from each other & how it's probably "supposed to be done", but that's why we all rock. ^-^

Hope you have a good day at work & that you get some time to sketch! I've been sketching a bit here & there, and am trying to get the balls to post pics of them... I'm a terrible scaredy cat when it comes to sharing my art. Silly, I know, 'cause I've got the best group of friends a girl could ask for...

XOXO