Monday, October 24, 2011

dia de los muertos dolls...

hello, monday.
please be nice to me today....
actually today is my friday! i have the next three days off {after today} and i am hoping to get a lot, a lot, a lot done.
wish me luck!

i just finished two pieces for the dia de los muertos art and music fiesta in shreveport:


this victorian lady turned out almost like i had planned her...but not completely.
i did find out that i don't really like working with the wool roving for hair!
it's always fun to experiment, but sometimes you find out that what you've been doing
is what you love....



this piece is for the community ofrenda and is in honor of my mother {her picture is on the front of the doll}.
she passed away when i was 8 and i've always wanted to make a piece for her.
the flower part is supposed to represent the chrysanthemum's { i think that's what they were} that my grandparents used to grow -- which remind me of them and of my mother, their daughter.
i was very pleased with how this one turned out.

so much is going on here - the weather is so beautiful and fall-ish and i am finding it hard to sit in my studio and work. but i am. sort of.

i have new dia de los muertos ornaments going to mariposa in a week or so and i'm working on some new pieces for the shoppe.

i'm working on being a better blogger...and i want to thank everyone who made the move with me over here! you all rock!!

anyway...off to the day job!!

♥amber♥

3 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

I love them both!!!! Love the piece that is dedicated to your mom! I lost my mom when I was 14, and I know how difficult that is. Both pieces are truly wonderful!!! xo Michele

Christianne Teixeira said...

Wonderful and beautiful dolls!! Love your chrysanthemum´s doll.

TheBlakkDuchess said...

These two ladies are gorgeous! The one for your mom is almost as lovely as she is in her picture on the front. What a perfect piece.
^-^

XOXO