Monday, August 22, 2011

it's not the heat...

oh. my. goodness.
it. is. hot!

i haaaate august in new orleans. like we're not sticky enough, you know...

i've been hiding out in the back room (i.e. my craft room) for the better part of this month ( that is, when i'm not at my day job) and i have no real desire to leave it at the present time!

i really feel like i haven't had much going on. just playing around a bit here and there..

i finished some cards and listed them on ETSY...




i started on a frida kahlo day of the dead doll that i was supposed to submit to an invitation only show here in new orleans, but last night i broke out in a rash from coming in contact with ylang ylang -- which i am highly allergic to, by the way ---it was in my dish soap of all the bloody effing things!! and now i'm sooooooo doped up on benadryl i can't hold the camera still to take the pictures!! ha ha! oh, well... here she is anyway in progress....




mr. cash has been fine ever since his little fluffy butt got dewormed. he did throw up in one of my shoes after eating a cheap treat daddy gave him, but apart from that, we've been cat-vomit free for almost a month!!


i've been working on a lot of other dolls. just some things i had in my head...


and i've gotten invites to two day of the dead themed shows in october, so work will begin on those pieces in the next few days (hopefully, i'll be done with the benadryl by then).


all in all i guess i've been in a bit of a hermit mode. i haven't been by to visit anyone -- in large part because my computer is crapping out on me all the time. the wireless went out, so i am now forevah tethered to the sofa. grr... i don't even like our sofa!!

and, since my eyelids are starting to droop and i'm misspelling pretty much every other word, i guess i'll call it a night and go watch some teevee....

hope everyone is doing well and i hope to catch up with everybody really really soon!!

oh, and i almost forgot!! i finally figured out how to sculpt lips!! whooo hoooo!!!
kisses...


 


♥amber♥

7 comments:

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Fabulous works! Glad to hear kitty won't be yacking in your shoes anymore too! Love it. Hang in there, that fly paper weather is the worst!!!!

Dawn in the Forest said...

I feel your pain with this heat.....I'm soooooo ready for some cool weather.

I'm loving all the new stuff your working on:)

yoborobo said...

I love your dolls, Amber. I will have one some day (picture Scarlett)!!!! And congrats on the DOTD invites. I would LOVE to do that. Actually, I could stay in a room for weeks doing nothing else, and be quite happy. What does that say about me...:)) xo

Papillon Bleu said...

Ha!ha!ha! You are such a funny lady.
Your cat vomit free week made me laugh so much!
We've had some bad suprises with cheap dog treats here too, which is soooooooooooooooooooo tricky when you live in a country where they put carpet everywhere...

Anyway...

Glad you have figured out how to sculpt lips ( I still can't).
Your dolls are all fabulous as always.
xo!

Ayala ArtDolls said...

great pictures! I love Frida too... thanks for sharing!

Amber Leilani said...

thanks so much for all the lovely comments about the new dolls!!

patricia - the lips were so hard for me to wrap my brain around!! one day i finally just sat down and said "i'm going to do this!" and i did...now if i could just figure out how to make decent arms,legs, hands, and eyes....!! :)one step at a time i suppose...

oh, and pam...i am really really in to day of the dead right now!! i'm working on 4 pieces for the 2 shows i'm doing and some ornaments.
and i don't know how you feel about trading, but if you're in to it, let me know...

dawn - jeeze this weather is killing me!it's too hot to eat!!

lurena - you have no idea how much kitty-yak i've cleaned up recently!! i'm glad they're better too...

ayala - thanks so much! i really love frida too and would love to do some more frida piece sometime...

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Holy hell! This stuff is amazing!! I'm heading to your etsy store RIGHT NOW!

Hope you're feeling better real soon.