Monday, July 18, 2011

playing with paper....

so, i finally got my dolls off to mariposa gallery in albuquerque, and i had a few days off this weekend to just do what i wanted to do! whooooo hoooooo!
there's nothing like the freedom of creating without a deadline.

so, instead of making dolls or beading, i dragged out my rubber stamps, collage elements, and card stock...
and i played and played and played!!
it was awesome!!!
here are a few of the cards i made over the weekend....









ok, that's more than a few...i got a little carried away.
i had forgotten how much in enjoyed doing this! i have a feeling there will be many more to come this week as well....

i also got some camera tips from my friend kalaya ( thank you sooooooo much!) and over the last week or so i've received some new additions to my home and studio that i want to share with you....perhaps tomorrow?!

till then,

♥amber♥

7 comments:

Christina J. said...

That looks like fun!

yoborobo said...

Those are so cool, Amber! Isn't it nice to get time to just play? It recharges the old batteries. :) I love all of them, but the Frida ones are my favs (surprise!). xo Pam

Kalaya Steede said...

Ohhhhh...these are nice.

JK said...

I really like these Amber! The colors and the clean lines....oh just love them!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Hey Amber! Been thinking of you lately!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the cards! What talent!! xo Michele

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Goodness, gracious ME!!! It's been ages since I last popped in to see how you're doing! Your trip to Ireland sounds absolutely magical... I can't wait to go there myself someday! =D
Your dolls & cards are amazing, as always, and several posts back, you posted a pair of wedding cake toppers... I love them! ^-^

By the way... If Britt & I ever get around to having some sort of ceremony, I am totally wanting to commission cake toppers from you! =D I just love them so much, I can barely stand it. XD

Anywho... I'm so glad things seem to be going well with you! I hope the rest of your summer is going well, and I can't wait to see what else you've been up to. ^-^

XOXO

Amber Leilani said...

thanks so much everybody!! sorry i've absent lately, but we've had a sick kitty to take care of...things are getting back to normal and i hope to start posting regularly again soon as well as stopping by every one else's blogs as well!!!
y'all keep me going!!!