Friday, May 27, 2011

happy friday morning and a bit of what's been going on with little ole me....

good friday morning everybody!!
this is where i'll be today...

i enjoy walking through the quarter in the morning before i go to work...
i had forgotten how beautiful that part of the city can be...

i've been away from here for so long. there's been so much going on. i'm not sure i can catch everyone up in just one post...

but i'll try. here it goes...

hearts i made for some new dolls...they are mixed media pieces.
can't wait to show them to you finished!

 the hearts surround a mixed media collage piece i made for my friend, kayala.
she loves frida as much as i do. actually, probably more...


here is a bracelet that kayala made for me! i wear it every day!
 i love it so much and it's so comfortable!!


patches is pouty that i had to go back to work and don't have all day at home with her anymore...


the koi pond at the store i work in now.
when i feel frustrated or down, i just watch the fish swim. it's very soothing.


work in progress wedding cake toppers i made this week.


some new dolls i've been piddling around with. they are part of the mixed media
pieces i was talking about earlier.


i really have missed my paint brushes. glad my muse is coming back around....


and the finished cake toppers - well, almost finished. they still needed to be crackled, antiqued,
and then the bride gets a bit of glitter on her gown.
they will be picked up on tuesday!

so, that's a smidgen of what i've been up to.
i've really missed everyone.
i've been pretty down these last couple of months. trying to hold it together and get used to my new life as a retail employee again.
i sure miss being in my studio every day.
but my job is nice.

so, i guess i better get ready for work.
hope everyone has a happy happy weekend and i hope to see you all soon!!!

♥amber♥

7 comments:

Amanda said...

CAN I PLEASE STEAL THE ANTLER GIRL!

Kalaya Steede said...

Amber, those are fantabulous! I especially like the doll with the crown. The one with the collar. I'm excited and can't wait to see how she turns out. Thanks for the update. I miss reading your blogs!

Georgina said...

Your cake toppers are simply adorable...I love them. Glad you're getting back into the "groove" of life...it's never good to stay away too long...welcome back!

Have a great weekend.

yoborobo said...

Amber - you are so talented, and I get inspired every time I come to visit you. If it helps at all, I never seem to have enough time to create. There is one event after another that needs attending to. Just know that when you DO get the time, you are making marvelous things. :)) Happy weekend! xox Pam

Amber Leilani said...

thanks so much ladies!! your kind and inspiring words make me feel soooo good!!
i am trying to get back in the groove....

Dawn in the Forest said...

Your cake toppers are wonderful:)

EllieAllen said...

Loved the mixed media pieces! Please visit my blog (: www.ellie-danza.blogspot.com