Saturday, April 23, 2011

monsters, muses, and a myriad of other things...

if you've been following along the last few weeks, you know that i have mentioned having some collaborations in the works...

i've been painting one of chris davie's oomoo sculptures ( still not finished...you know how it is when something is almost done, but you know it needs just one more little thing...), working with amanda and james from flex family arts to turn some of my dollies into patterns and ooak's of their amazing embroidery, talking to brienna pruce about her painting one of my dolls and maybe me finishing one of her paintings ( which scares me to death as she is an brilliant painter and i'm more like a 5 year old! ), and i drew up some monstery monsters for jessica over at cuteandcreepy...




i can't sew for shit, but i love plushies, so i was thrilled when jess said she would love to have some monster drawings...and i can't wait to see how they turn out!! you know they will be cute and creepy... hee hee hee!

there aren't words enough to tell you what joy all this is bringing me. i've had very few artistic friends in my life, and collaborating is something i've always longed for....so even though my own muse has been slinking away to dark corners and being a bit of recluse, i know she is out there and will return full force very soon... how can she stay away with all this wonderful creative energy floating around?!

the mister and i have friends in town this weekend and are going to go bike shopping for me again ( the huffy cruiser just did not work for me. waaaay to big. i wiped out in traffic one day because my feet didn't hit the ground...) so, i'm looking for a smaller, more amber- friendly bike...wish me luck! i did love riding it, i just hated starting and stopping. why don't they make bikes smaller? not everyone is 5'11", you know....and if i have to buy a kid's bike, i will. i'm not above rocking a hello kitty one if that's what it takes!

so, i bid you adieu and hope everyone has a bright and shiny weekend!

♥amber♥

4 comments:

JK said...

Collaborating is so fun! Thanks again for the drawings!!

Amanda said...

WOW! You are a busy lady! We can't wait to get to work on our patterns! We are going bike shopping today too...but for the little one's birthday. Good luck with yours!

Dawn in the Forest said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of all your new projects:) Hope you find the bike of your dreams and have a wonderful weekend.

Christina J. said...

The sketches of your monsters are great! I look forward to seeing how they translate into plushies. I know what you mean about bikes--I'm 5'3" and I had a hard time finding a bike. As it is, the frame for my bike is for 5'6" and up--I just make it work. But then, I'm only riding on trails around here and not in a city. Good luck finding the perfect bike for you!