Sunday, April 3, 2011

a little sweet, a little sour...new windows to the soul art doll, delilah

happy sunday afternoon, everybody!

today i want to share some pics of delilah, the latest in my series of beautiful tattooed ladies...


you may or may not know, that i am in fact, a tattooed lady --- although it's only one tattoo...but i dream of being covered almost completely on my upper right torso. mr. b will probably put the kibosh on that i am sure!

anyway...i love making and painting the tattooed ladies and illustrated men. i always try to make the "ink" look very vintage...using a small color palette. each design is always unique. and always so much fun to create!

delilah, however did give me some fits.
she is a bit sweet...


 but also a bit sour...


i had to paint over her twice before she was happy with her "ink"!


she is happy now.
i think.
it's hard to tell with delilah...


delilah is a mixed media art doll curio sculpture and she stands about 4" wide x about 6.5" high.

i hope you enjoyed seeing her progress as much as i enjoyed making her....

have a great afternoon,

♥amber♥

10 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

Love the tattoo lady!! She came out great!! You did a great job on her ink! I have 5 lol, and yup they are addicting ;o) xo Michele

Christina J. said...

She's amazing!

yoborobo said...

Hi Amber! I'm just stopping by to say that I love your work! we like a lot of the same things, I think. :) Pam

Amber Leilani said...

thanks ladies! you make me soooo good...i've been doubting my work lately ( as you know, michele!)...

pam, it's great to meet you...i'm popping over to check your sites right now!

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Love her!! Hey, I don't know if it's just my dashboard but when I see you postings on my dashboard - there is no photo?? I see your text for your posting but no photo. Hmmm I find this odd.

Amber Leilani said...

lurena, i have that happen in my blogroll and dashboard from time to time too with the other blogs i follow...don't know what makes it do that!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

I love your tattooed ladies! =D

And if you want to be one yourself, then DO IT! I, too, plan on being a tattooed lady... and I can't wait! ^-^

XOXO

Kalaya Steede said...

LOVE the tatts!

Dawn in the Forest said...

She's wonderful:) You always do such a wonderful job painting all those details.

The Craft-Arty Kid said...

She looks awesome! Love it