Tuesday, April 19, 2011

floatingwoo collaboration part ii .... and why i need a few more hours in every day....

happy tuesday everybody!

wow, where did my weekend go?
oh yeah... i spent it on the couch watching king arthur (mad mikkelsen...yum!) and law & order (linus roache...double yum!) and generally feeling like ass.
i pulled a muscle in my neck ( or slept wrong or something ) and i think i was fighting off a bug, so saturday was a bust, art wise.
boo.
hoo.

sunday i got called in to work on my day off. more money for yours truly, but another craft day bit the dust.
i have to get some earrings ready for a local shop to have for jazz fest, and i am just not feeling the love. it's got to be done however, so tonight's the night....man, i really do need a few more hours in every day....



i got started on my oomoo last week....



he is coming along and i think he's just about done! the above pics are of the very beginning of the painting process.
i'm going to tweak him a bit tonight and i hope to have a finished product to show you later this week!
yay for oomoo's!!
this one was particularly hard to read. he was all over the place.
i will tell you more of his becoming story when i post my finished pictures...

on a happier note than my recent exhaustion and inability to focus on anything but the telly...i do have several more collaborations with different artists in the works and i am sooooo very excited about each of them! 

i have implemented a new plan for staying awake when i get home from work... caffeine! an iced chai around 2pm seems to be doing the trick...
i don't want to let my fellow collaborators down, but man, i've been moving slowly the last few weeks.

so, that's what's going on here....

hope everyone is having a good one! 

♥amber♥

10 comments:

brienna said...

WOW, totally awesome!!!!! You are so clever Amber - this is looking fantastic ;o)

hugs,
brienna

Christina J. said...

He's coming along nicely! Pretty earrings, too!

Kalaya Steede said...

tres cool! Like those earrings. XOXO Kalaya

Dawn in the Forest said...

Sounds like you've been a busy lady:) I love the way your painting your "oomoo". Have a wonderful week!

Amanda said...

Hooray for more collaborations!

Christine's Beadworks said...

I love oomoo! Take care,
Christine

floatingwoo said...

Cool! I'm stealing some pic's for my blog. Chris

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Huzzah for caffeine, savior of artists & students... XD

Your oomoo is ADORABLE. =D

Hope you have a supremely awesome rest of your week! ^-^

XOXO

yoborobo said...

He's adorable! I'm all for caffeine in all of its myriad forms. :) xo Pam

Cheryl Valadez said...

Amber, this fellow is ferociously fabulous! I haven't been by your blog in a while, but apparently, I've been missing out on a lot of great art! Pardon me while a take a look around ;D