Thursday, April 14, 2011

collaboration with chris davies of floatingwoo...part I

today i am over the top excited to share something new with you...

i am collaborating on a piece with chris davies of floatingwoo!!

chris is an artist living in los angeles. his work is very bold and graphic, and, like me he enjoys seeing each piece come alive as he is working on it.

chris was ever so generous to offer several of his "oomoo" sculptures to members of our ETSY UGLY CUTE team, and yours truly was fortunate enough to snap one up immediately!! there are 5 of us, so far collaborating with chris! his sculptures are travelling the world!



the oomoo is "cast in a modified gypsum based material, used in high quality sculpture, it is extremely durable, looks and feels like porcelain, and is very paintable."


and now i have my very own oomoo to dress up as i see fit!!!


mine has already spoken to me and told me what it wants to be....but you know how fickle oomoo's are.
 it could change it's mine halfway through the becoming stage...

i am sooooo excited to be a part of this collaborative process and i can't wait to see what my fellow EUC members do with theirs as well.

i will be sharing my process with you all over the coming weeks and of course the finished product will be available...

so stay tuned!!

have a great thursday everybody!!


♥amber♥

ps... here is a link to brienna pruces' collaboration with floatingwoo as well....

14 comments:

Kalaya Steede said...

And I thought you were talking about collaborating with me! Oh well...maybe next time. Can't wait to see the finished piece. XOXOXO

Amber Leilani said...

kalaya, are you kidding! i would LOVE to collaborate with you!!! just say the word....

floatingwoo said...

He He, Glad it made it safe and sound. Love the pic's! Take your time and more importantly have fun! Chris

brienna said...

Oh Amber, you are so sweet!!! I can't wait to see what your oomoo told you it wanted to be... you write from the heart, and I adore reading your blog!

;o) brienna

brienna said...

Amber ;o) you are so sweet!!! I can't wait to see what your oomoo told you it wanted to be... you write from the heart and I love reading your blog ;o)

love,
brienna

Amanda said...

ooohhhh...I can't wait to see what you come up with! We love your work.

Speaking of collaboration...I would LOVE to do something with you...embroidering one of your lovely creations would be a joy!

A

Dawn in the Forest said...

How cool! I wish I could paint one of these little creatures.....they are so cute:) I can't wait to see it all finished. Have a great weekend:)

Amber Leilani said...

aw, y'all are so sweet! thanks for following along on this little adventure!
amanda - DEFINITELY!!! i looooove your work as well and would love to collaborate! let's see what we can come up with!

yoborobo said...

Oooomooo, ooomooo. Sorry, I just like saying that. :) Why didn't I snap one up? (Because I am always late to the party, that is why!) Yours is going to be fabulous. Cute pic of you and your oooomooooo. Happy weekend! xox Pam

manosdetijera said...

Hi, Amber.
Your sculpture is cute!!!
Kisses!!!

Michelley said...

I'm excited to see the progression, Amber! I know whatever your oomoo metamorphoses into it's going to be spectacular with you at the helm.

Christina J. said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Amber Leilani said...

thanks ladies! i started painting it yesterday...but i haven't felt well today and i got called in to work tomorrow...so hopefully i'll have some progress to show by monday or so...:0

tammy smith said...

that is fantastic Amber! Love the collaboration aspect and also the new girls you're making look so cool.