Monday, April 25, 2011

the becoming of the oomoo - finale - collaboration with chris davies of floatingwoo....

so, i'm up kind of early this morning to bring you the final chapter in the becoming of the oomoo... my collaboration with chris davies of floatingwoo:


it took a lot longer than i had expected for my oomoo to become what she was meant to be.
she was a little persnickety, i must say. hard to work with.
no matter what i had planned for her, she had her own idea of who she was.
very determinded are the oomoo....


and, as fate would have it, turns out my oomoo was a girl after all...see her lovely pink bloomers?


face on, she is a bit solemn, but trust me, underneath that stern exterior, lies the heart of a happy oomoo!


her becoming stage is over, and now she can sit back, relax, and enjoy all that life offers!

i want to give a huge, big ole thanks to chris for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful collaboration!
it has been a thrill to work on his sculpture and make it my own! i may be addicted! i may need more oomoo's...

i've been a little sidetracked with my job and trying to hold my house together ( laundry does seems to multiply, i swear ) and i haven't been in the studio anywhere near as much as i would like since going back to work...
but i'll get there!
truth be told, i've thought about just throwing in the towel, but i just haven't been able to commit to it. i guess i need to make things.

i have a new project in the works that i will share with you this week... but my mister's big four - oh is coming up and we have several big parties and dinners planned, so i may only be able to drop in here for a minute or two... but i will stop by!

i hope that everyone has a wonderful, joy filled week!

{{and if you would like to give an oomoo a new home, let me know!!}}

cheers!

♥amber♥

9 comments:

Jane Loedding said...

It looks fabulous! You put your own style into the design and it looks great!

Amanda said...

I LOVE IT!

floatingwoo said...

I love it!!! It's totally unique ! No one else in the world does art like you, remember that. Be generous with the rest of the world and share it. Taking a hiatus is fine but we will be waiting to see your new creations don't make us wait too long!!! Chris

Lidia said...

Love it! Have a wonderful week!

JK said...

Looks fantastic!!!

Amber Leilani said...

thanks everybody!
chris, you're keeping me from just throwing all my stuff out, so thanks!!

brienna said...

Amber, extraordinary, and I adore the pink bloomers! You are witty and talented ;o), such a beautiful combination!

;o) brienna

Kalaya Steede said...

I like that ear! Amber, who would I make art with if you throw in the towel? No...I decided that you can't throw all your stuff out. I know I'm being selfish but your art doesn't just belong to you anymore. So...keep up the good work. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Christina J. said...

Definitely your style. Love it! :)