Friday, March 11, 2011

i've got my eye on you...


new day of the dead woman WIP
this one's gonna be a leetle different...

on a sadder note, i guess unless you live under a rock, you are aware of the earthquake that hit japan last night.
i woke up to the news this morning and sat around in stunned silence.
see, i had been feeling pretty sorry for myself yesterday. not happy with one aspect of my life.
despite the fact that i am (relatively) healthy, my loved ones are too, i am surrounded by loving kitties, a wonderful companion, terrific (and hilarious) friends, and i have the use of both my hands to make things which brings me immense joy.
but, i hate myself and the direction my life has taken this last year.
stupid.
when you see the amount of devastation this earthquake has produced - all the way to the west coast of the united states -  it's mind boggling.
so, i think i am going to take some time today to get a few things in perspective.
and celebrate being alive.
surrounded by beauty.
and one sleepy kitty...


... sending healing, positive thoughts to everyone in japan...
(i was so very happy to find out my friend in kyoto was ok this morning...)

amber
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Dawn in the Forest said...

This is so sad what's happened in Japan:( Your right about just being happy to have wonderful family, friends and health:) Have a great weekend.

mycraftyways said...

Thank you so much for your message Amber. I replied on my blog too, but just in case, I thought I'd drop a line here.
Things have settled down in Kyoto and we haven't felt any afterquake today. We still don't know how things are going to unfold as the nuclear plant in Fukushima seem to be in such a precarious state.
But for now, all is fine.
Thank you my friend, you have no idea how message like yours helped warm my heart today.