Monday, February 7, 2011

happiness is new skellies...

good monday morning to all!

football season is over ( thank goodness ) and while i sported my saints tee yesterday in honor of what was last year, i worked on some new pieces that are heading to albuquerque this week:


over the weekend i picked up a new gallery here in new orleans: POET'S GALLERY on magazine street. jeanne has the coolest exhibits and hosts a doll show curated by christy kane every october. last year the show was amazing and featured such doll artists as colleen downs of loopy boopy, elizabeth mcgrath, sheri debow, and lateefah wright--just to name a few.

jeanne does amazing doll photography herself and she always has an interesting and wonderful show on her walls.
so, needless to say, i'm pretty psyched to be in this gallery...
so if you are in nola, drop in and check it out.
she completely cleaned me out of dolls and paintings.
now i have to get to work and fill my etsy shoppe back up...

on the home front, the job search has been at a standstill. i just haven't been able to get motivated to give it much more than the occasional nudge. that has to change, but man, it's been hard to get going on it!

i have so many thoughts on life and love right now, i would be here all day. and i've got way too much to do to get into that this morning, so i will share this one thing with you:

 it's really been bothering me lately that no one seems to understand that THE most important thing to me in the world is to be happy. i don't understand why others don't seem to get it. everyone has an opinion on what i should do with my life, my art, my job. but they look at me like i've grown a third eye when i tell them how important it is for me to be happy with what i do for a living.
soooooo...  found this quote a few days ago and i haven't been able to get it out of my head:

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."
  — John Lennon

it put A LOT into perspective for me. and turned my brain back on from the numb slumber it's been in since the beginning of the year...

i know the rest of the country has been immobilized by snowmageddon and here in the big sleazy, it's been cold and wet. soooo ready for spring, i can't even tell you.

i hope that you all have had a chance to pop over to the ADO site and check out all the wonderful items being given away during this blog event. i did some hopping last night and found some wonderful sites myself. i can only take full on football for so long.

well, i guess i should get moving. i have a tremendous amount to do today...

have a great monday!
amber
xoxoxo

1 comment:

Mickie Mueller Art said...

I love your new skellies! Say hello to the mountains for me, I grew up in Albuquerque! Have a great visit!