Thursday, December 30, 2010

sharing is caring...new paintings....

as promised yesterday, i want to share with you some of the new acrylic paintings i have been working on this week:

***first attempt at collage and experimentation with rosy cheeks***
i have been thinking of ways to broaden the ideas that i have for my art dolls. not everyone likes dolls. i am aware of that. and that's fine. i don't always want to make dolls.
so, i decided it would be fun to put my dolls on canvas. just to see how they would transfer from one medium to the next.
and you know what?....


i like it!

i experimented with a couple of different techniques over the last few days and found, to my surprise, that i like just plain ole painting!
putting a brush to canvas is extremely fulfilling!

i bought kelly rae robert's book TAKING FLIGHT earlier this year, and i love the techniques she uses, but the aren't for me.
i think she does a marvelous job with collage, but it really eludes me.

***i tried collage here. layers of paper - which you can't see. doily and spray paint. rubber stamping***


 i like layers of paint instead.
so, that's what i'm sticking to, after all the experimentation! ha!

so, i think i'm going to stick with this painting thing.
it's very enjoyable. very relaxing. and i think they tie in with my dolls very well.

***daisy, the illustrated woman is my latest, and i think i've finally found my style...i finished her
late yesterday evening and was very pleased with how she turned out...***

i do hope you ( and others ) will like them as much as i do....

have a happy happy day...i'm off to buy more art supplies!

amber
xoxoxo

4 comments:

Christina J. said...

They're all great, but I really love Daisy!

Amber Leilani said...

thanks, christina! she is on a 6"x6" real canvas and the last one i did before turning in last night. she's my favorite too, and i can't wait to hang her up somewhere...

TheBlakkDuchess said...

OMG!!! These make me squee!!! =D

I absolutely LOVE them! I think that your dolls transfer marvelously to canvas. These totally brightened up my mood... I love coming to visit you & getting a good mood as a bonus! ^-^

I am very much looking forward to seeing more paintings from you!

XOXO

What I Say Matters! said...

These are great!! I love the last one! the look on her face is priceless!


Mark
www.youllseeitmatters.blogspot.com