Wednesday, November 10, 2010

it's 78 degrees and snowing...

yes, you heard that correctly...

it's november 10th and the high today is going to be near 80 degrees.
whoo hoo!!!
for me, that's just perfect!

last year it turned cold in early october, got down into the teens for weeks, and didn't warm up until april.
no thank you.
this is new orleans.
we like it on the warm side.

but, when it's warm and sunny, it's kind of hard to find that holiday spirit - but, i'm trying!
truth is, i do prefer the warm weather, and i just have to dig a little deeper into my imagination to find snow fairies and jolly snowmen.
but, i think i'm making progress....

a sweet elfin party girl

she glitters and shimmers all year long...and is always the life of the par-tay....

a quirky snowman looks off into the distance....


while this jolly fellow looks ahead to a very happy holiday

doesn't he just warm your heart?!

i absolutely love making these little guys ( although they are not that little - he's 6" tall. that's big for me!)
they are inspired by a set of snowpeople candle holders i made for my mom in the 4th grade.
she still has them and puts them out every christmas - even though they are chipped and black from holding candles for over 30 years!

i will be adding more of these holiday cuties to my ETSY shoppe over the next week. they will also be available locally at PLUM on magazine street.

on a side note... i was invited to join a new team on ETSY yesterday - ETSY UGLY-CUTE!
how awesome is that!?!
i am going to be with my people!

well, i need to get motoring this morning.
i've had a sinus/stress headache since saturday and i think i'll go for a walk to clear the brain-webs and make some doll like plans for the next two days.

y'all have a good one!

amber

2 comments:

TheBlakkDuchess said...

They're just adorable! =D

I am in total agreement with your taste in weather... I HATE BEING COLD.

Have a wonderful walk & have an even more wonderful day! ^-^

xoxo

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Hey lady! Just thought I'd pop by & said HI! I know your super busy as of late, and I hope everything is going well with you & your shows.

I can't wait to see/hear what you've been up to! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. ^-^

XOXO

PS... Sorry if you get a double comment, the word verification was acting up & I think it deleted the first one I tried to post... o_O
If not, then double the well wishes! =D

On second thought, double them anyways! ^-^