Friday, September 24, 2010

i'm baaaack! sortof....

good friday morning, everyone.
gosh, it seems like it's been a lifetime since i've logged in here....

as you know, i have been recovering from some pretty aggravating wrist and hand issues.

the ganglion cyst has gone down a bit, but has not dissipated entirely. sometimes it still hurts me and i fully expect it to return over the next year. i will deal with that when the time comes.
the tendinitis just got worse after the shots. my doctor was flabbergasted and mr. b was FURIOUS! we really have no idea what happened. i guess i just bruised up real nice.
all that money on all those shots, plus the office visit and i was unable to work for almost 3 weeks. i was supposed to be back in the studio within a few days of the shots. i guess i'm just sensitive. hee hee...

anyway...i've been icing my hand and wrist several times a day, i'm taking a steroid for just this one week to help with the inflammation, and basically working through what pain i do have, because i have to work, right!?!
i don't ever expect to be fully recovered but i am doing the best with what i have.

i do get depressed and angry and aggravated because i am not able to work as much or as fast as i would like. but, i am working. i finally got back in the studio this past weekend and it's a good thing too...

i applied and was accepted to a local craft market here in new orleans on the 2nd of october. i am thrilled as this is my first real market, but i am a little scared too. it's a very laid back craft show, but still - one does want to make a good impression.
and sell some dolls, dammit!

so, we got my tent last night and i have been working not only on product, but signage and decor. i will post pics when everything comes together... but here's a sneak peak of a few little things:






so, i'm going to keep this short and sweet this morning, as i really need to pick up a paintbrush.

i hope to be back posting regularly this weekend....

have a good one, everyone!

amber


5 comments:

Christina J. said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that the treatments aren't helping as much as they should. I hope you do well at the show - how exciting!

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

I LOVE your little pumkin guys!!! Too cute!

Beka said...

I would like to purchase the day of the dead couple for a wedding gift my friend!

CarrieEllen ArtStudio said...

Love love what you are doing with your art!!! so fun!! have a artsy day! ;)

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Hey there! ^-^
I feel like I haven't been around much either... I'm so sorry to hear about all your pain & wrist troubles. Eek. I'm happy that you've been able to get back into the studio though! =D
I hope you have an awesome day at the craft market. You will make a wonderful impression. Your stuff is just so wonderful & fun!
I have the Pixie Sticks in a bottle on my kitchen window sill. They always perk me up when I'm feeling down, which is wonderful. ^-^
Lots of hugs & good thoughts coming your way.

xoxo