Friday, August 27, 2010

work in progress...

good friday morning everyone!

i have to be somewhere this afternoon, so not much is happening in the studio today.
i thought i would share a few pics of some pieces in have in various stages of completion:

halloween witchy party girls surround a larger marie antoinette sculpture.
i'm not happy with ms. marie, and have to figure out how to make her better...
but these ladies are getting their hats and just turning out as cute a bug in a rug!

two more tattooed ladies. they are among my most time consuming pieces and of course, my favorite to make. but, all the little details put a strain on my wrist, which it appears never really healed properly last year. oh well. sometimes you gotta work through the pain!

i have no idea what i'm going to "tattoo" on their banners!!!
i have a few ideas, but i'm open to suggestions...

hope everyone has a great weekend!!

till then,

amber

3 comments:

Christina J. said...

I love the tattooed ladies! It looks like you have really hit your stride with these.

TheBlakkDuchess said...

I love these ladies too! =D Perhaps because I'm aiming at being a tattooed lady myself, when I grow up... ^_~

I'm drawing a blank for suggestions as to what to tattoo on their banners, but I also haven't had any coffee yet... o_O

I'll let you know if inspiration whacks me up side the head tonight. =D

Have an awesome weekend!

xoxo

Frosted Petunias said...

Amber these witchy ladies are fabulous! I can't wait to see them with their hats on. I love your black cats and pumpkin too. Oh I'd love to learn to do art dolls someday. I stopped by to thank you for your comment on my Katrina post. It means alot coming from someone who was there. It's nice to see how much has been done since then but so much more can be done I'm sure. Love your art and your city as always. ♥ Anna