Sunday, August 22, 2010

a drive down river road...

so, here i am, sitting in my studio, listening to duran duran and trying to keep mr. cash out of the clay...

never an easy job.
some days he lets me be, but most days he has to be right under me, no matter what i am doing.
and today has been one of those days... sigh.

yesterday i took a much needed break and the mr and i got out of the house for the day.
we took a lovely drive down river road...


and had an adventure searching for abandoned or destroyed plantation homes...



and the ghosts of long ago land owners, merchants, and craftsmen.





we gazed at unbelievable beauty...

both man made...

and natural...



we wrestled alligators...


and had a drink in a very historic setting..


all in all, it was a very good day. and a much much needed day of frivolity!

today i've been finishing up a few pieces i made last week and hope to have pics up tomorrow.

i hope that everyone had a lovely weekend and will have a great week ahead!

till then...

amber

1 comment:

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Holy wow... I love these pics! Exploring abandoned places is just too much fun!
And the trees... omg the trees & moss... The trees (and epic thunderstorms) are what I miss most about living in Florida... sigh...
I'm assuming that you won the alligator wrestling match? =D
I'm searching for my camera as I clean today so I can post the pics of all the awesomeness that came in that box.
Oh, and Britt was beside herself in squeefull glee that you sent her a Pixie Stick too... She just about popped... XD

Hope you're having a supremely awesome day! ^-^

xoxo