Wednesday, July 14, 2010

pendants, pendants, and more pendants....


i've been steadily tackling the big box o' pendants that i've been sewing since the beginning of june. i love sewing them, but i don't much care for finishing them...can you tell that i bore easily? 

 i am trying something new this year, as far as hardware is concerned. and i am trying to add a bit more oomph to the chain area for some of them.

here is the first one i finished:





i think it turned out pretty well. it was my first time doing a double catch on the sides for the chain. but, again, i was pretty pleased with the results.

over the next few weeks i have to really get beading if i am going to have the work i promised myself i would have by the first of august. it's hard though. sometimes i just don't feel the beading needle, if you get my drift.

cheers!

amber

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi, Stopping by from SITS. These are beautiful and fun. Love all the color combinations. Very nice.

Whimsey Creations said...

Very pretty stuff! At least you can THREAD the beading needle - no way can I get one threaded! LOLOLOL

Christina J. said...

I love how the finished pendant turned out, Amber! It's gorgeous.

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Awesome pendants! =D

Thanks for the tip about wood carving tools! I think I may even still have some in storage... Hmmm... I'll have to dig them out & see what I can come up with. Have a super wonderful weekend! ^-^

PS... I'm so jealous you got to see Frida Kahlo's work in person! ^_~
I've been in love with her since I was 16... My english professor had us do all our essays on art, and she captured me, heart & soul. ^-^ It makes me so happy to see all of the people who love her too! ^-^