Monday, June 28, 2010

what's been going on....


i wanted to say a big ole thank you to everyone who stopped by the studio last weekend to visit.
 it has been lovely to meet each of you!
i am still trying to pop around to everyone's blogs, but, to be honest...creativity has been calling.
really really loudly!
so, if i haven't made it over to your blog...i will, but it will take me a while, i am sure.


do you wanna see what i've been working on this week?


as of saturday, i think the count was up to 40.
i was trying for 50 by the end of july.
50 finished, strung pendants.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's looking like it's going to be 40.
and that's ok.
these are just embroidered and cut out. not finished yet. i will be starting that very shortly.
i still have cuffs and earrings to make as well.

and...

i also started working on armatures for some of the pieces i am doing for the show in october.
i actually sketched these out and built the bodies. i usually just fly by the seat of my pants, so having a plan was new and exciting! 
i am very excited about the two pieces that i started laying clay on today ( not these, but two others ) and i will be posting pics as i continue to work on them.

i am hoping to get a few new things in the etsy shop this week and basically, just work work work on jewelry and dolls.

it's pretty much too hot to do anything else anyway...

cheers!

amber

5 comments:

Gloria said...

I love those pendants. You did great work on them. The dolls are going to look great when completed. Very artistic. Thanks for sharing.

Christina J. said...

Wow! I think 40 finished pendants is quite an accomplishment! They are beautiful.

Val Reaves said...

Hi Amber,...Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. When things slow down and I can breathe, I will update mine.
Until Then,
Val :-)

Kristin said...

I agree, those pendants are stunning! I love all the rich colors - and the beginnings of your pieces for the show are so intriguing - can't wait to see more!
Thank you for your sweet comments - it really means so much, Kristin xo

Pattee said...

Wow those are beautiful beautiful pendants!

I can hardly wait to see what those 2 dolls become!

I also loved going around in your studio!!!! I'd love to come have a cup a coffee ~ wonderful spaces!

Thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment! I'll put your name in the virtual hat : )

Have a great 4th!
: ) Pattee