Tuesday, May 11, 2010

imagination, doubt, and dawdling...

i finally got a chance to shoot some quick shots of the conjoined twins sculpture i have been working on.
yes, it is finally finished... well, almost. it still needs a stand, but i will get around to that later this week. i have about 6 more wall hangings in progress that i want to attend to first.
in the meantime, here's the first look at ocula and orala:




again, i am swinging to and fro in the confidence arena with this one. i like it. i don't like it. i see things i could have done differently. i wish i was better. faster. surer.
but, all in good time, mah dear lady.

honestly, it turned out almost exactly as i pictured it. but, how i picture things has become a bone of contention with me. i question whether or not i am an artist because of how i approach working... i know. that's weird. i'm weird. my mind is weird. i will explain that to you later. i haven't had enough coffee this morning to be that philosophical...

all in all, i guess i shouldn't be too heard on myself...i made a decision to learn a new craft and i am following through on that decision. it's going to be a long road. hopefully a fulfilling one. i am definitely enjoying the journey although my hands are really dry from all the clay.

today i am going to just take a step back from what i have been doing. just let things marinate if you will.

i will leave you with one of my favorite quotes regarding creativity and imagination:

so you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient happy idling, dawdling, and puttering...
~~~ brenda ueland.

have a happy day!

amber

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi, It is always good to learn something new. Looks like you mastered it well. I love these, very original and also looks like fun. Keep up the good work.

Amber Leilani said...

thanks, linda! i appreciate the encouragement! it is fun, i must admit...

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Amber!
I’m so happy you will be joining me for the Where Blogger’s Create party this year!
I think it’s going to be great fun and is already bigger than last year!
Jo is offering some great prizes isn’t she??? I’ll be in touch!!


Karen
My Desert Cottage
Valentine Design

Pattee said...

Thank you for following me ~ now I'm following you!

I love your conjoined twins~ I know we can get so confused about our dolls... Is it right wait no Ok yes
I think they are perfect!
Pattee : )