Monday, April 5, 2010

you gotta start somewhere...

here is a little peek at the first in my series of sideshow shadow boxes and sculptures:
i spent most of the afternoon cutting out and altering images to go in these pieces, and i was actually able to complete this one piece.
not too shabby, i don't think.
i really had planned for it to be more, you know, umphfy, with loads more stuff in it,
but when it came right down to it, i just like things simple.
so, all in all, i am pretty happy with it.
now i just have to keep the kitties from destroying it! ha!

6 comments:

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Love it!and keep it simple works .... at least this time :)) The circus text is awesome too!
Inka

Annette Piper said...

I think these are great Amber :)

CathWren said...

Hi Lillian. I really like it. In fact, I like things pretty simple too. You've got to be true to yourself!

G said...

I was impressed with your blog and your art. Nice...

Sigaliot Designs said...

I love it the way it is, simple and beautiful!
Great work you have here!

Amber Leilani said...

thanks for your wonderful comments, everybody! it means the world to me to know i'm not just talking to myself ! ha!
and keeps me inspired to keep at this new venture... which i am off to do via michael's right now... hee hee heee...