Tuesday, April 13, 2010

i thought i'd never get back here!

i was beginning to think that i would never make it back here...


and a huge ole hug for all of you who have joined me this last month and to those who have left such wonderful comments! it means the world to me to know that i am not talking to myself (which happens much more than it should)...

this last week has just been CRAZY BUSY for me - but not in a good way. i mean, yes, in a good way. oh, i don't know!

i have had a bookoodle of social obligations (and for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, i am just a tad anti-social - especially when i feel that other people are infringing on my creative time)...


first of all, my friend, penelope and her hubby, sebastian were in town on thursday night. i guess it's been 10 years since i've seen penelope, but we picked up just where we left off. i'd never met sebastian and they had never met mr. b, but it was like we just ran into them at rouses. we had a wonderful, fantastic, gloriously delicious meal at green goddess, and then topped the evening off with a rawther short trip to W.I.N.O and then back to the bar at their hotel for more vino.  needless to say, friday was a bit blurry...



we worked on our taxes on sunday morning. cash helped some too...


it's funny - i've been screaming for years how i want my own business again. well, guess what? according to uncle sam... i do! :)

saturday and sunday i had social stuff, but i managed to control myself which meant i got some studio time in sunday afternoon before sarah's surprise b day party - which had an open bar. but, again, i kept it in check, we left early, and yesterday was one of the best creative days i have had in months!!!

first off... the month long search for crackle medium has ended. whooo hooo! that's right... we have crackle medium...


i was able to gesso some more boxes, frames, and boards which i have plans for. i do find it a tad annoying that i have to wait 24 hours to paint over this stuff, but i guess that keeps me moving.


while these were drying, i worked on some more of my nightmare figures...


i know they are rough around the edges, but trust me, i can see them in my head, and i think they will turn our good and creepy.



so i guess that's all the news that's fit to print this tuesday morning.
i now have to gather myself and get to my day job.
oh, and LOST is on tonight.
yay!
amber

No comments: