Friday, March 12, 2010

the big four - oh!

today is my 40th birthday!

whoo hoo!!!
i made it.
whew.

(me at 2 weeks old. awwwwww.....)

mr. b is taking me to restaurant august tonight for dinner and some friends are meeting me at feelings cafe to toast a new decade por moi.

unlike many women out there in the world, i have been looking forward to turning 40.  i am the happiest and the most contented that i have ever been. i am surrounded by people who love me. also have some folks who genuinely like me. my jewelry sells pretty well and i have a (somewhat disorganized) studio where i get to play with paper and sequins pretty regularly.
what's not to love!?

anyway.... on my birthday i enjoy giving gifts and well wishes to others.... so i wish you all the best and brightest day and many more for the years ahead!

cheers!

amber

5 comments:

Christina J. said...

Happy, happy birthday! I hope the coming year brings you all things wonderful. :)

susanc said...

Happy Birthday Amber! Hope you have a great day!

Terri Gordon said...

How wonderful. I want to wish you a very Happy 40th Birthday. I hope you enjoy your day. Thanks for sharing.

Vintage and Cake said...

Happy birthday, you look amazing by the way. Love the picture of you as a baby so cute xxxxx

Susan Clinkscales said...

Happy Birthday, Amber! I turn 40 on Tuesday (the 16th) so you're only 4 days older than me. Here's to a fabulous decade! :)