Tuesday, July 7, 2009

tuesday's experiments


gouache, pen, ink, colored pencil on water color paper.
learning how to make the paint flow like i want and still give me the color i desire.
using the liquid frisket is a challenge. dug out my colored pencils and was happy with the melding of the two media.
still have lots to learn, but painting makes me happy.

mixed media pendant. the beginning. still don't know if i like it or not. we'll see.


ps. jess gonacha over at pecannoot - one of my favorite blogs and the place i go to get my daily dose of abundance - did a little feature today on new orleans artist art by mags
check it out if you have a chance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a real knack for the gouache and I LOVE the color and pattern, I WANT ONE!

Kim said...

Hi Amber. I wanted to say a big thanks for your comment over on Pecannoot. It made my day! And I also wanted to tell you how wonderful your gouache painting is! Gorgeous. Take care :)

Amber Leilani said...

thank you both soooo much!

kim, i think your work is just wonderful, so that means a lot coming from you!!!! :) :) :)