Sunday, May 31, 2009

and the packing begins...

well, i have to start somewhere, so it might as well be today. now that all my jewelry and volunteer commitments are behind me, it's time to start packing for our move. it's going to be a beast...

we have soooo much stuff. i keep looking around wondering where to start. it's just overwhelming. but, i love moving. i love clearing out and de cluttering and starting over in a new, sparkly clean space. new homes for all my beloved treasures. to me, that is a little slice of heaven.
so, i guess i better get cracking. i'm thinking closet, dressers, and knick knacks today. leave the easy part - the books for last.
oh, and my beading of course. that and the dishes will be the last thing to be boxed up.
a girl has to have her priorities straight, you know!


we have more books than most libraries. i am going to leave most of that packing to j since they are pretty much mostly his.
i started on some of mine, but i left this box full of charlaine harris' sookie stackhouse novels open because i know i will want to re-read them even though i keep thinking i won't...



little trinkets all over the house to be packed up.


patches is ready to go!


my dia de los muertos collection, small though it may be is very special to me. the bride and groom were purchased in tucson, the little boxes j gave me when we first started dating, the elf in the background was a gift from mrs. carnes, my new landlord's mom, and the bobble head is a throw from a mardi gras parade.

5 comments:

Lidia said...

Have fun with the packing. BTW -One of the best things about moving is redescovering forgotton treasures. I hope you find lots of fun things and have a great time setting out on this new adventue.

mllem said...

You actually LIKE moving??? Good for you, because I don't!! My man just moved in with me, and so I had to get rid of about half my stuff to make some space for him. It's painful!
Well, good luck with all that!

TeriB said...

Well, you surely have the right attitude for your move! I hope your new space has a studio for all of your work and your lovely creations! Teri from Creative Bloggers
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Annette Piper said...

Packing isn't anyone's favourite job - although you might find some goodies in the process? Good luck with it all!

Carol said...

Hope your packing is going well.