Monday, January 26, 2009

vintage sequins arrive!

well,after a little bit of a wait, my vintage french sequins arrived over the weekend. i have been experimenting with some contemporary sequins while i have been waiting on the vintage ones, and i have to tell you ... the contemporary ones can't hold a candle to the vintage! they are flat and the color is uniform. you would never know how old they are from the shape they are in ( 1940's - 1950'). i am completely in love and hope that my vision for them can come to fruition.

i have all these ideas, but of course, nothing is turning out exactly as i had hoped.

i am posting several pics of the few things i did today. i realize the pictures are not the greatest. it is overcast today and some of them came out a bit blurry ( too much coffee makes amber shaky i guess).

but, i wanted to put them up anyway.

so without further ado:


vintage bronze and silver sequin earrings. these are teensy tinsy sequins - 3mm & 4mm.


vintage turquoise and chartreuse sequin earrings. these are very tiny.


vintage turquoise sequin and apatite pendant


turquoise and chartreuse vintage sequin pendant


vintage 3mm bronze sequins.

5 comments:

Carol Dean said...

I ADORE the pendant with the apatite and those bronze earrings...woweee! If these are any indication, I think we're in for a real treat with this new line of yours, Amber :D Brava.

The Jade Dog said...

I love vintage sequins! I've used them in bead embroidered cuffs and to stack, like you have, for earrings. I have pics up at www.thejadedog.etsy.com (my bead embroidered cuffs have them) and jadedogbeads.etsy.com (the listings for the sequins have a picture of a pair of earrings I made using pink ones).
I'm hoping to find some more colors this year at the Tucson shows.

Lidia said...

THEY'RE WONDERFUL!!!! I just want to touch all of them. I love them all but my very favorite is the last piece, bronze sequins on the silver pendant. WOW!!

Christina J. said...

Beautiful! I think the last photo with the bronze sequins is my favorite. What a great way to use vintage sequins in your designs.

Teresa Jane said...

I agree with the others, the last is my favorite also. I love the bronze color. :)