Monday, October 20, 2008

new earrings & and an experiment or three


experimentation with texture. i have been wanting to try my hand at using texture in my pieces for a while, but have been afraid to do so. i tried free form peyote and a few other textural ideas yesterday. i liked what i saw. i just need to practice more. i tried 2 drop peyote, but i didn't like that at all, and i thought i would. hmmm...


new earrings i am working on for fall. love these!


more new earrings. love these too!

4 comments:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

I think you are doing a good job, Amber. Love the earrings.

Christina J. said...

I like your new earrings. Very pretty! I love peyote stitch, but am not hugely fond of 2-drop peyote either. It seems like if you like peyote you should like 2-drop, doesn't it?

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

Pretty.

mycraftyways said...

First of all, those earrings are beautiful. I love the simplicity and modern look on them.

Then about texture. I can't wait to see what you come up with ! Just seeing the above pictures is quite promising.
There are so many ways to achieve a certain texture in beadwork.
As for myself, I love combining beads of a same hue in different finish : I think it brings a certain depth to the color itself and to the overall design.

Keep up the good work !