Thursday, September 18, 2008

new pictures and old friends

i don't have any pictures to post yet, but my back grounds came in on monday and i am looking forward to shooting new work either tomorrow or sunday. it's supposed to rain this weekend, so who knows how it will go, but i am looking forward to shooting the work as soon as i can.

i am trying something different for my vintage and gemstone pieces, partly from a suggestion from sarah, who has been immensely helpful in helping me try to figure out what i am doing wrong on etsy. thanks for all the suggestions, sarah. i am looking forward to implementing many of them.

i have been making some vintage swarovski pieces ( gorgeous, if i do say so myself) and i have some really lovely vintage glass pendants coming in next week that i can't wait to work with. i am also working on some really simple gemstone lariats and necklaces which have been doing well at tomato here in new orleans, but i have yet to put up in the shop. i am going to be adding some vintage lucite to the shop as well.

i will post new pics soon, i promise!

no new woven work to speak of at the moment. all my work has either been donated, given away, or consigned. i need to make something new at some point.

i am applying to a show for prospect 1 which is coming to new orleans in november. wish me luck. i have never applied to a juried show before and i am really nervous. my pics are ok, but they are not the best. my friend, natalie recommended me for the show, so we will see what happens.

in personal news, laura talked me into joining facebook and i have been "found" by several old college/work mates who i have not talked to in about 20 years. so, hello to lisa, michelle, and victoria.

i may have some other news to report this weekend, but i will wait until i am certain that what i think is going to happen, happens.

until then...

No comments: