Saturday, September 6, 2008

home sweet home

well, we are home. whew.
the drive in from birmingham was uneventful - unless you count the bathroom stall at stuckey's in hattiesburg which was too small for a child to fit into, much less moi.

the better half's parental units kept us safe, sound, watered, and fed for a week in the quiet suburbs of birmingham. it was nice, safe, clean, and quiet. i slept a lot. and got my first pedicure.

home, however is turning out to be a bit of a headache. we discovered we have minor water damage in the bedroom, the front glass window in the door is rattling like an old man with a cough, and this morning, as i am trying to wash our bed linens, the washer conks out on me.

i am not a happy camper.

have i mentioned how much i hate the laundry mat?

guess most of the day tomorrow or monday will be spent there. better find a good book to read.

i also just re-listed most of my work in my esty shop.

i had planned to re - shoot most of my pieces and have many many more made by now, but as luck would have it... well, you know how it goes.
i got a few gemstone lariats made while on evac, but i haven't had the chance to photograph them yet.

i am running way way way behind. but, at least i am trying... and starting somewhere.

but, we are home, and that's what counts.

now we get to wait and see what ike does.

fun is...

4 comments:

Melody Marie Murray said...

Glad you are home safe and that there isn't much damage.

Lidia said...

I'm so glad that you got back OK and only have some minor storm damage. Now the washer - that's a different story. You have all my sympathies on that. L

mycraftyways said...

Hi Amber,

After I saw your comment at my place, I popped in here and see you're back home. (sigh of relief)
So, first of all, welcome back !
Happy to know yours were minor damages (even if it is still a pain...), I hope you find your rhythm back in no time !
Take care !

Christina J. said...

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. I hope Ike leaves you alone.