Tuesday, July 1, 2008

snippets of new pieces



just a few of the things i have been working on the last week or so.
most of these are destined for high gloss. some for etsy. some for the junk pile.
i just can't seem to find the time to really sit down and work like i want to lately.
i hate it when i have too many other things to do during the week that i can't sit down and bead. i get angry.
lately, i have been trying to stay calm about all the extracurricular activities that have been coming up. i have been promising myself that i will do what i can, and can do no more. some days just don't allow bead work. it's as simple as that. but, on the other sided, if i am ever going to grow this business, i have to work harder and longer. oh, to have more time to myself to do what i want to do!

11 comments:

Carol Dean said...

Goodness, Amber, you've been busy :D Good for you and good for the buying public! Wonderful creations (even if not complete yet), as always.

GrandmaMarilyn said...

I can understand where you are coming from, Amber. Life does tend to get in the way of our beading. Just take some deep breathes and go on with life. It will all work out in the end.

adina said...

I can commiserate - there is never enough time to bead! At least the pieces you are working on are beautiful! (Doing beautiful work is always a good business strategy... :-) )

Anonymous said...

At last, tried to comment but couldn't get it done for some reason. Great work. Love your Mondrian inspired pieces. I admire your tenacity...one little bead out of place and its all over! Mvto and Wa-do for sharing!

Now that it let me type, it wouldn't take my password! Joni (jstinson)

Marlaine said...

You have some lovely things started there. I'm sure that everything will work itself out and you'll get some beading time!

ClaireCreations said...

Love you geometric designs.

:-) MaryLou said...

I really love the Mondrian-inspired pieces! :-)

Susan Clinkscales said...

You've got some beautiful things in the works, Amber. Don't forget to enjoy the creative process. :)

Melody Marie Murray said...

Lovely work, indeed. It is sometimes hard to find the time to fit everything in. I know that frustration. I think beaders all need an extra set of hands so we can keep beading while doing dishes, or typing, or driving. :-)

Lidia said...

I love the new pieces! Particularly the black and tan ones. Hope live calms down a little so you can have some time for your beads. Lidia

Smadar's Treasure said...

I love your new designs! and the old ones, too... ;D

Smadar