Thursday, June 19, 2008

finally! new work. yay!




two new pieces ( finally ) for ETSY.
i have NO IDEA when i will get the chance to load them. and the group is talking about a summer sale - maybe i will just hold off until that is done. i would love to move some of the old pieces and make way for all the new stuff in my noggin.

i also finished some vintage pieces for ragin' daisy last night. that's been hanging over my head for weeks. they are not hard to make - and i have plenty of lucite left, but i am in beadweaving mode, and i have not wanted to do anything else.

i wish i had more time in the day, you know. i get frustrated very easily that i can't spend my days doing what i want to - bead. i hate going to work every morning and i view most of my time there as wasted. especially when it is as slow as it is now in the hot, humid big sleazy.

but, last night as i drifted off to sleep, i had some pretty good, new ideas for some necklaces. they could come out tacky - but i am going to try them anyway.

i have been in a bit of a rut lately - my work is flat, and everyone else's is very three dimensional. i have always been more drawn to pattern and color than texture and three dimensionality in my work - but lately, i have been wanting to do MORE. i don't know. maybe it's just the rut. the long, hot summer rut. the no sales on ETSY rut. the no sales at the gallery rut. the what have i done with the last 20 years of my life rut. all of the above? probably. anyhoo....

i am back at my bench, and trying some new things. i try to spend as much of my wasted time as i can dreaming up new ideas to get me through the day.

now, just to find time to implement them....

7 comments:

Carol Dean said...

Amber, I see nothing wrong with being preoccupied with pattern and color; we're both in that school and I rather like having you as a classmate :p Love both new pieces. I am working a customer-driven design in peyote using the same concepts you do in the white piece, just with overlapping blocks of color. It's a much cleaner design in straight stitch.

Amber Leilani said...

carol dean,
i don't know what happened to the other comment you left. it just disappeared! blogger...

Lidia said...

Hi Amber - I love both of your new pieces. I also love pattern and color and all of those possibilities, but I also love texture and 3D pieces. You should explore all of the possibilites of each and maybe combine them. Have you ever seen Suzanne Golden's work? She combines both. I'll send a link. Lidia

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

Those 2 new pieces are great. My favorite is the colorful bracelet.

Adina said...

Amber, I love your style and the geometry you use! Your work is extremely cool - I especially love the white necklace! :-)

SarahKelley said...

I love your style too Amber-- but trying new things can be fun.

Smadar's Treasure said...

I have given you an award. Please check my blog for the details.

I love your work!!!
Smadar :)