Monday, October 29, 2007

More to Life Than Jewelry... Who'd a Thunk It?

I have not been very motivated the last few weeks to do much of anything. I think I have been mildly depressed - my work situation is getting more and more frustrating by the day. I hate punching someone elses time clock and not having any energy to do my own thing when I get home. I have spent the better part of this month sitting listlessly in front of the boob-tube, reading, and going to the movies. I am just not motivated by much of anything. I promised myself when I started this little blog that I would stick to jewelry and fashion but I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!! The few things that are inspiring me at the moment have nothing to do with either; so I figured - Why the Hell Not! Inspiration is inspiration, right? You get it where you can.

So...

I just discovered Philip Pullman's HIS DARK MATERIALS series and I am almost finished with Book 2 - THE SUBTLE KNIFE. I am almost scared to finish it at this point, but I need to so I can move on to either the third book or something new altogether.

I have also recently discovered Neil Gaiman. His blog is absolutely awesome!!! So many cool links. It's like a new world opened up in front of my eyes! I have GOOD OMENS at the house but am waiting until I finish Philip Pullman' book to start it. I have a terrible habit of reading more than 8 books at any given time and sometimes I don't finish them. So, no offense but I figure both of these works deserve my undivided attention.

I have to go to Atlanta this week to do a show for work. GRRRRRRRRR..... I soooooooooooooooo DO NOT want to go. These people don't pay me enough to travel. Especially to Atlanta. I don't live in or visit Atlanta for a reason. No sane person should have to drive there.

Anyway... it's going to be a weird week and I am positive I will have alot to say after I get back from this show. Luckily for me two of the other artists showing are Lena Marie Echelle and Jamie Cassavoy. I am hoping I get to talk to both of them. I met Lena at the Baltimore show last year and we carry her work at the shop. She is an amazing and very inspirational artist. I have only seen Jamie Cassavoy's work in pictures so I am excited to see it in person.

But I still don't want to go to Atlanta. Hmmfff.

1 comment:

penelope said...

I love to read your blog, rants and all. Real life baby! That's the good stuff. At least you create something...all I do is absorb what others create. And how delish it is!