Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Slowly But Surely

Work in progress.

Here is a little smattering of the bracelets I am currently working on for High Gloss Gallery in Houston - Kim and Lisa Glosserman were in New Orleans a few weeks back and stopped by Gallery I/O - the jewelry gallery I manage in my daylight hours. They liked my work and placed a nice order which I have to deliver around the 1st of October. It's been moving along quite nicely, but I ran out of a few colors of beads last week and am waiting on the shipment to arrive. I hate waiting on supplies. No matter how I ship them - 2 Day, 3 Day, whatever they never seem to arrive on time. It should be tomorrow and then I will get back to work. The bracelets are all woven by hand, one tiny little bead at a time. They take approximately 8 hours to make from start to finish. And I have quite a few to make. I am a little over half way done ( I think) and I am really ready to finish them and send them off to their new home.

No comments: