Friday, September 28, 2007

Fall Colors



A new piece for fall. Green chalcedony with faceted carnelian clusters. I absolutely love this piece. I love the colors together and the texture of the small beads.

When I sat down to work on my fall "fashion" line (any better ideas for a name?)I sketched out everything I wanted to do with each gemstone, chain, metal component. I wasn't going to sit down willy-nilly and just start putting pieces together like I normally do. No, this time I would plan it all out. Well... that went out the window about 2 seconds after I sat down to work. Not one thing went as planned. I wanted to make these simple little pieces - very modern and geometric. As it turned out, all of my pieces for fall are very feminine, flowy, clustery, textural. Nothing like I planned at all and they are some of my favorite pieces ever. Funny how things work out.

I have an appointment Monday to drop some of this new work off to a local boutique who is interested in seeing what I do. I am excited. I really would love to have my work in this shop.

I made hundreds of head pins for my clusters yesterday and although I know that I won't get as much work done Friday and Saturday as I would like, I hope Sunday and Monday morning I can make that time up.

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend in New Orleans. We could really use one.

2 comments:

penelope said...

I think you should call your designs a "season" just like fashion designers do. As in, "This season I'm doing faboo textured cluster pieces that work well with the new high waisted pant, i.e. the mom jean look is back".

Beka said...

I love your new necklace!
Good luck Monday